Monday, May 2, 2011

Bookmarks Galore

I was looking through my patterns for a bookmark to give as gifts to a couple of friends and found one that originally was from an Anna Burda magazine (May 1984). The 'braid' pattern was updated to use split rings between the repeats by Jane in South Africa; the revised pattern was posted by Jane Eborall (Mar 2009). 


It's a very pretty bookmark and the picots can be varied in size to change the look a little. All three of these were tatted with Size 20 thread and each one only took an evening to complete. The tatted section of the bookmark measures about 5 inches and I added a 4-inch tassel to the last split ring.

I think I'll make a couple more and keep them around. They are a fun tat and make great little thank-you gifts.

I'm not sure who "Jane in South Africa" is but I'd like to include her name or website or blog in my post so if you know who she is, please post a comment or send me an email so I can update this post.

2 comments:

Fox said...

Pretty!
Fox : )

God's Kid said...

Those look great! :)