Sunday, August 22, 2010

9th Motif - Snowflake #1

I took Lene Bjorn's 24 Snowflakes in Tatting book with me on vacation because I've been anxious to try some of these patterns and because it's time to start thinking about motifs for the holidays.

It was difficult to choose which snowflake to begin with. Of course, I could have just started with the first one, but doesn't everyone do that?


Instead, I began with The Fifth Day of December snowflake and shuttled tatted it while on vacation. I also did some very small motifs like butterflies but I gave them away to anyone who inquired about what I was doing. Clicking on the photo will enlarge it but please don't look too closely :) remember, I was on vacation.

As for doing something new as part of my 25 Motif Challenge, the only thing about this snowflake that was a little challenging was making long, even-tensioned chains.

One of the reasons for choosing this particular snowflake was that each round was repetitive which meant I could put it down and pick it back up later and not lose my place.

5 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I love that book! With all this heat, I think snowflakes are a refreshing idea.

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

I'm waiting for my copy of this book now.

Long chains are such a challenge for me to keep even. Yours look great! Beautiful snowflake.

God's Kid said...

Your snowflake looks wonderful! :)

Gina said...

I've had this book a long time but I don't think I've tatted every single snowflake yet. Most of them I've done, but when I come back to it, I tend to tat my favorites instead of new ones!

Tatteristic's 25 Motif Tatting Challenge said...

Thanks to all of you for your kind words. Gina, I can see how you would go back and tat your favorite ones - once to finish them, they're kind of addicting. We'll see what happens.